My henna story

1:36 PM




 Although I am a henna artist today, do you know I once disliked having henna designs on me? It wasn't because I hated henna itself, but because we use to get punished in school whenever we applied henna on our hands, even our nails. So, not having henna on me became an habit. Now you know why I disliked henna then. When I got to the University/College, things got a bit better, there, I had my freedom, I could do as I wished, it was all good. Do you think I started doing henna then? Oh, no. Even though, I see people with different beautiful henna designs, and I am usually in love with their designs, you will never see me do henna. 4 years went by, and I graduated. So, that means in those 4 years, no henna.
After graduation, I wanted to learn a skill, I thought of all the skills that were common around me (catering,fashion designing, hair dressing, and others), but I didn't just like them, no passion. So my sister suggested henna art, I was like huh? Henna art? Me? No way. I don't like drawing henna on myself, so why would I learn it? She said you would love it, so I gave it a thought, and I said, let's give this a try, and that was how I started learning, that was in 2014. Although I love anything art, But learning henna art has never once crossed my mind.

And believe me, the experience was awesome, I started from drawing with pencil, I made lots of mistakes, I will erase and draw again. Little by little, I started to pick up. But it wasn't easy. Later, I started practicing with cone, My henna teacher would tell me to fill the customers' nail, come and see how my hand will be shaking (I wish I did some video then), apart from hands shaking, I was very slow, my teacher would have almost finished a design, and I will still be on the nails (laughing at myself). But with everyday practice, I kept improving, I will draw on my sisters' hand, practice on cardboards and like that,  like that, I improved. Now I draw henna for myself(on my hand and legs), I draw henna for people and I also do henna crafts. Although, I can't say particularly when my henna designs made a turn around, but I know that I have improved greatly, and it was only due to practice and patience. 


Today, I am a proud henna artist, I love to adorn myself with henna, I love to adorn people with henna, I love henna arts and I love the henna plant because it is a gift from God. Although I still have a lot to improve on and a lot to accomplish, I believe that I will soon achieve those.
 Now tell us your henna stories. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Congratulations Ridhoohenna. I'd also like to share my henna story Soo, trust me! Quite busy at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe